Monday, April 13, 2009

Current Read and a Teaser(4/14/09)

As I mentioned yesterday, my books are leaning toward WWII Historical Fiction these days. The book I am reading now, An Obsolete Honor  by Helena P. Schrader fits the bill perfectly. It is the "Story of the German Resistance to Hitler" and so far it is fascinating. It is hard for me to put down. It is a big book- 568 pages- so it is going to take me awhile to read this, but if it is as good as the first 50 pages I don't think that will be a problem. 

Here is a glimpse into the thoughts and feelings of Philip Feldburg about the new regime and how the people in his hometown are embracing it:

"In one of the store windows, someone had placed a photo of Adolf Hitler and adorned it with greens and a candle as if it were a picture of the Virgin or a saint. Something curdled in his stomach, and the sour expression on his face caught his mother's attention." page 2, An Obsolete Honor by Helena P. Schrader

Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

(By the way, I pick my teaser lines instead of picking randomly. I want to share something that peaks your interest and something that shows what the book is about. Hope you all don't mind that little change.)

Be sure to check out my current contest. You have until May 1st!

11 comments:

  1. Have you read The Night Watch, by Sarah Waters?

    You must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- No, I have not. I will have to check that one out. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach curdled too and my face scrunched up in disgust as I read the teaser...a Saint! please!!

    Excellent teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stomach got a big knot in it reading that. Are you reading this for the WWII challenge ? I need to put this one on my list.

    my teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one. I just finished The Boy Who Dared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That would be a ballsy call nowadays, and even quite controversial during those times I would imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I pick my teaser lines instead of picking randomly."

    No worries! I do that too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like an interesting read. Are you doing the WW2 challenge? (Oh, I see someone else already asked you that!) I'm planning to read The Night Watch for that challenge (one of these days...)

    I almost never pick my teasers randomly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser - enjoy your read

    There's an award waiting for you at my place :-)

    http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blogspot.com/2009/04/warm-fuzzies.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. great teaser! it is really descriptive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)