Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book Review- Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

I don't know what took me so long to read this book after finishing Wicked Lovely so long ago. I was a little lost at the beginning, having forgotten a bit about the characters from the first book, but was soon pulled back into Melissa Marr's wonderfully imagined world filled with faeries that walk amongst humans unseen. This book focuses on characters that had smaller roles in Wicked Lovely, Leslie- Aislinn's mortal friend and Niall, Keenan, the king of the Summer Court's adviser.

Leslie is trying to escape the pain and fear she feels at home by getting a tattoo that she hopes will help her change, become stronger. Unfortunately, she gets more than she bargained for when she chooses the mark of the king of the Dark Court.

One of the things I love about these books are the descriptions of the different fey. I would love to see them made into movies or TV show. Okay, now I really want to read Fragile Eternity. Anyone know when it comes out in paperback?

4/5


Be sure to check out my current contest. Go here to see the prizes. You have until May 1st!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, although I'd fear it went too heavy in to romance for my taste. Does it go there or am I being paranoid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. please join the Community Virtual Book Sale & Giveaway going on May 4 - 15 with a Twitter party May 8th!

    Here is the info to join:
    http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net/?p=3123

    Pass it on to your other book-lover friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yet more support for the ya fantasy genre. i keep saying i'm going to try it out...but i'm afraid!! what if i don't like it? i hate to break up with books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Sheep- Yes, you are not wrong. There is a bit of romance thrown in in these books. Not obnoxiously so, though.

    Natalie- I know. It is so hard to start reading a new genre. I can't get enough of them for some reason. Guilty pleasure, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I really enjoyed Wicked Lovely, then I read Ink Exchange and it was twice as good! My favorite thing about this series is how the fantasy world is being slowly revealed to the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. :) I liked this one better than the first, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)