Monday, April 27, 2009

Don't judge a book by its cover (Tuesday Thingers)

Questions: Do you have any missing covers (they show as a plain gray book)? Did you have a favorite view (title, author, date entered)? Do you have any favorite covers? If so, is there anything they have in common?

You know, I just went to look and I don't have any gray books. All my covers are there. Of course I change the cover if it does come up blank. I love the cover view. It is not what I usually use but I like it. I choose books by their covers a lot of the time so I definitely have favorites. I think the covers of Melissa Marr's books are beautiful. They are my favorites right now. 

I picked up The Perks of Being a Wallflower because of the simplicity of the cover and the size of the book.  Small, simple on the outside-quiet like the main character in the book. I loved the cover even more after reading.

The covers of The Rossetti Letter and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks are very similar. A letter closed with red seal wax. I hadn't realized they were so alike until looking at my covers for this post. 

Tuesday Thingers is hosted my Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner.



Be sure to check out my current contest. Go here to see the prizes. You have until May 1st!

4 comments:

  1. I usually don't buy books by the cover, but once in awhile I will see something that I think is really wonderful and get it. I don't really have a favorite, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've almost grabbed Perks of Being a Wallflower a couple times, but I've always put it back. I suppose I'll eventually get a copy, but evidently it hasn't been my time for it yet.

    Some covers draw me to them, but I don't buy them for their covers alone. I usually get books that are recommended to me by someone who knows what I like or whose tastes I generally agree with. It's one more thing I miss about our Waldenbooks closing. Jan, the manager, and Obie nearly always had the perfect book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favourite cover has to be Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - mine is a beautiful cover with the Marlena and her elephant on it. I don't the usual cover. I bought it just for the cover alone and absolutely loved the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you could change the covers!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)