Sunday, April 19, 2009

Never Again: What You Do Matters

Today marks the beginning of the Days of Remembrance, "America's annual commemoration of the victims of the Holocaust".  This year's theme is "Never Again: What you do Matters". Please visit the site, remember the victims, the survivors. Never forget.

How will you remember?

Go here and see what you can do.

For a list of books pertaining to the Holocaust and/or WWII, there is a very good list provided at the War Through The Generations Challenge site.

4 comments:

  1. I am currently reading Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels, not about the war but the impact of the war and the loss of family history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good Holocaust story is All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein....
    We can never forget what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your books. I had not heard of either of them. They sound like ones I should read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to the challenge site. I'll be adding to that reading list soon. (I'm playing catch up from the weeks without a computer.) Serena and I posted about Holocaust Remembrance Day here.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)