Saturday, April 18, 2009

Read-a-thon (3rd Update)

Along with taking a shower, going to dinner and visiting the bookstore (getting some bookmarks for contest prizes) I also started my second book. Reading is going very quickly with this one. Should be finished with it by my next update, I hope. :)
How are you all doing so far?

Books finished:1
Book Currently Reading: How to be Popular by Meg Cabot
Pages read since last post: 112
Total Pages read:327
Time spent reading: 7 hrs 30 mins
Time online: 45mins
Readers visited: 8
Mini Challenges: 4

Mini-challenges below.

Shannon's Letter to the protagonist

Dear Steph,

I know you hate being the butt of jokes and wish you were popular, but it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Really. Having a close group of friends who support you and have your back is so much more important. Love who you are, love the friends you have and your last years in high school will be just perfect. No need to worry about what the A-listers think.

Love, Mari

Jessica's Local Library Challenge
What is the name of your local library? What city is it located in?

Austin Public Library, Old Quarry Branch in Austin, TX

How often do you go to the library? If you're a regular, do the staff know you?

I was going pretty regularly for awhile but have stopped since buying and receiving so many books to read. I must get through the ones I have before getting more.

Do you browse while you're there or just pick up items you have placed on reserve?

I am a browser. I could spend hours in the library.

What is your favorite thing about your local library?

It is so close to home. It is in walking distance, it is en route to work for easy drop offs to avoid over due books. :)




Be sure to check out my current contest. You have until May 1st!

11 comments:

  1. I wish my library was in walking distance. How nice. :) Thanks for sharing about your local library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I RSS your blog, and I freaked out when you said Old Quarry was your home branch. It's mine too :) They know me there, too.

    Love your blog much.

    - Kelly (catagator.org)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your letter. And I think it would be awesome to have a library in walking distance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a super reader!! Great numbers, Mari, and I loved your letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that my library is in walking distance, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your current read....

    I love your letter by the way...

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great! I wish my library was en route for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have How to be Popular in my pile somewhere. It does seem like a good book to read for such a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the well wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)