Sunday, April 19, 2009

Book Review- Drawers and Booths by Ara13

Drawers & Booths Drawers & Booths by Ara 13

I was a little hesitant about this book when I agreed to review it. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a book I would like. It is very different from what I usually read but the concept sounded very interesting. I am so glad I agreed to review it because it is truly the most creatively written book I have read in awhile.

The book begins on an island following a Marine combat journalist around a military base. You start getting very comfortable in this setting and start getting interested in the characters when the narrator jumps in and takes over the story. Yes, the narrator. He takes the reader with on his search for the person behind all the horrors that happen... child molestation, genocide, war. It begins to read like a mystery novel. When the person is caught the book becomes a court room drama, ala Law & Order and you will never believe who is on trial.

Such an interesting way of discussing and analyzing the horrors we see and who is responsible for what man does. This was my first truly metafictional book and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more books by Ara13. Thanks for sending it my way.

4/5




Be sure to check out my current contest. You have until May 1st!

1 comment:

  1. Another award for you, Mari, to add to all the others. At www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)