Sunday, July 5, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge

I am joining a new challenge. I had been planning on limiting myself but this one is just too good to pass up. It is hard to say no to Jane Austen. :)
I have decided to participate in The Everything Austen Challenge hosted by Stephanie of The Written Word.

My plan for the challenge is to do the following:

1. Read Northanger Abbey
2. Visit the Jane Austen Center in Bath! (lots of pics)
3. Watch Lost in Austen
4. Read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
5. Watch Sense and Sensibility
6. Knit the Mrs. Darcy Cardigan

The Challenge began on the 1st of July and ends the 1st of January. Lots of time to get through it all. Click on the button if you would like to join in on the fun!
_________________________________________


10 comments:

  1. I'm in this challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a daughter who would love this challenge! We went to the Jane Austen center in Bath and it was very fun for her to wander around town and see some of the place she has read about in Jane Austen novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are leaving next week and will be in Bath Wed-Friday. My friend and I are very excited to go. The hubby's will be drinking whiskey in a pub while we go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are joining my challenge. Hope you post some pictures of Bath!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely do that, Stephanie. I am very excited about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love that cardigan (and Jane Austen novels... but the cardigan is totally boss).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! What a great challenge! I am going to have to check it out. I saw you’re going to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I hope you love it! I’m with Quirk Books, and I wanted to let you know that we’re announcing our next title in the Quirk Classic series very soon. Our Quirk Classics Facebook fans will receive a special update on July 15th at 12:00 a.m. EST! Or you can always check out QuirkClassics.com.

    I know you've got a lot on your "appreciation of classic literature" plate, but I think you're going to LOVE the next title ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be interested to see what you think of Lost in Austen. I gave it 3 of 5 stars. I liked it, but did not love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just had a mini-austen thing going on here (unintentionally!). i finished a series novel and a few other spin offs. i think i'm going to have to watch the colin firth p&p before august is over... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)