Friday, July 10, 2009

Book Review- Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Tantalize Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Quincie and her uncle are getting ready to reopen their family restaurant as Sanguini's with a vampire themed ambiance and menu. The murder of their chef requires them to hire someone new who seems absolutely perfect in the role of the vampire chef.

This book has food descriptions, vampires, werewolves and is set in Austin. These were the reasons for picking up the book and the reasons it kept me reading. Interesting plot and characters and this paranormal Austin with its "acceptance" that there are werepeople and vampires was intriguing.

A good summer read. If only it weren't so hot here in Austin, I would have gone and sat at Jo's on South Congress with an iced coffee in hand to read.

3.5/5

_________________________________________


6 comments:

  1. A vampire chef is a new one!! How would he keep vampiring and cooking separate? Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampire chef. Now that's one I haven't heard before. Sounds interesting.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  3. More vamps - always a winner with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book, but I listened to it on audio. Not sure if I would have felt so strongly reading verses listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds cool! I like the stories where para-people are an known part of society.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't LOVE LOVE this book, but I enjoyed it, especially living in Austin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)