Monday, July 6, 2009

Stage 3 2009 TDF

Interesting stage today. The cross winds took many riders by surprise and caused a gap to form when Team Columbia-HighRoad punched it up. Hincapie said it was because they got angry that no other sprinter teams were coming up to help. Worked out well for them, Cavendish went on to win his second stage. Many of the main contenders for the overall win were caught in the chase group except for Miller and Armstrong. Cancellara made the gap and got to keep the Yellow Jersey one more day. Lance Armstrong with the .38 min gap moved up from 10th to 3rd overall. Good day for him.

So, the project I am working on is coming along nicely. One of my very best friends is getting married in September and I am knitting her a shawl to wear. I think it is looking quite nice so far, but still a little small. :) 

Luna Moth WIP Lace detail

The pattern is the Luna Moth Shawl by Shui Kuen Kozinski and I am using Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace in French Vanilla. I absolutely love this yarn. So soft and easy to work with. It is going to keep my friends shoulders nice and warm. The wedding will be in Sonoma and reception/dinner in San Francisco, so it will actually get to be used unlike here in Texas.

It is going pretty well so far. I just finished the third repeat of the lace pattern. Only four more to go. I ned to buy myself some blocking wires!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm sure she'll love it. Can't wait to see it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I admire your patience and perserverance with lace. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)