Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's on your desk Wednesday

I am such a slacker. 

Yvonne tagged me for What's on your desk Wednesday a month ago and I am barely getting around to doing it. This is a weekly meme hosted by Sassy Brit of Alternative-Read.com (in case you haven't seen it going around the blogs yet).

So here is the deal:
Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk! Or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying!

Tag at least 5 people!

That's it.

However, for those without digital cameras or blogs of your own, you can do this instead: (or both if you are keen!)

List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk (I'm thinking your TBR pile or books you haven't shelved...)

List at least 5 NON BOOK things. (I'm thinking some of some of the more unusual items on your desk/table?)

Tag at least 5 people to do the same.

Come back and leave your link, so we can come and visit your blog. Or add your answers in the comments.

Please don't feel pressured in any way at all. I just want everyone to have fun!


My desk:




5 Bookish things:

2 recently Mooched books, The Reptile Room and Eragon
Rick Steve's Great Britain guidebook
Dictionary
Bookmarks (3)
The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary

5 Non-Bookish Things:

sunglasses
blank cd's
playing cards
coasters
framed pictures

I tag:

Bermudaonion's Weblog
BiblioAddict
Beth Fish Reads
BookBath
Blacklin's Reading Room & Reviews

_________________________________________


12 comments:

  1. Great picture but you need a bigger desk! ;)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at everyone's space. I agree with Natalie - time for a bigger desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a pretty neat desk there. bet you tidied it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours look neat and organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie and Stacy-I do need a bigger desk! That's why I usually sit on the couch in front of the tv with my laptop instead.

    Diane- a little. :) I moved the mail off, but that is it.

    Melody- Only in the summer. Once I go back to work, this desk becomes the place to pile everything on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Mari!

    Oh, I like your desk! Rick Steve's Great Britain guidebook sounds good - so does that mean you are already living in England or planning a visit? Sorry, I don't know where you come from. :)

    Thanks for playing along. I must be sooo nosy, but I love checking out where everyone works on their computer or stacks their books. Madness I know!

    Fancy tidying it up - naughty you! LOL

    Take care,

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again! I awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award! Hope thats ok :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sassy Brit- I leave for Scotland next week for a two week visit. Can't wait.

    Natalie- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your desk! And thanks for the tag. I'll try to get to this this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mari!

    Oh, you know, I have never been to Scotland! I would love to though. Can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    Just added your pic to the flickr set for this meme. I think I got a bit muddled, which is why I am only just doing it! LOL
    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My link is here at http://www.blacklinsreadingroomreviewsandmore.com/2009/07/29/jottings/whats-onyour-desk-wednesday/. Sorry for the ugly link. I couldn't copy the pretty version here for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now the fancy link works. I hope this is not a duplicate or triplicate comment. I couldn't figure out how to get out of the comment preview. Anyway, go here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)