Friday, July 24, 2009

Book Review- The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 2) The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket

The Baudelaire orphans are placed with another distant relative but this time they are happy and excited about their new caregiver. At least for a little while. The arrival of Dr. Montgomery's new assistant changes all that.

Another fun, smart and quick read. Love Lemony Snicket's narration. I keep hearing Rupert Everett's voice in my head. Best part of the movie version of these first three books.

3/5

Really short review, I know. I usually try to put a couple of these short ones together but I don't have another right now.



_________________________________________


4 comments:

  1. I love how much adult humor gets packed into these books. Almost as much as I love Sunny's teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read these and feel I have been missing out on some secret that everyone knows who has gone through these books! I want in the club! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these either but i really would love to . They are so popular!
    Hmmmm, i guess i should add this to my humongous list!
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lit and Life- Yes. I love the explanation of Sunny's babbling.

    Sheila- I am reading them for the first time and loving them. I don't know why I hadn't read them sooner either.

    Natalie- I am always adding books too my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)