Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Review- Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15) Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Lula is a witness to a top chef getting his head cut off in the street. Ranger's customers are being robbed and Stephanie and Morelli's relationship is off...again.

For some reason I keep reading these books every summer. Well, I know the reason. a good friend loves them and always gets a copy and then loans it to me. If I had to by it myself I wouldn't. I would have been done many numbers ago.

The books have lost their appeal for me. No longer as funny, or smart. Same characters, same trouble, very similar storyline.

I think I am done.

2/5

_________________________________________


7 comments:

  1. My mom said the exact same thing. Sometimes an author needs to quit while they're ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've read 5 or 6 of them and they have never disappointed so I'm sad to hear there is a point where it is too much. Gonna have to find someone else that can make me laugh as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne at Necromancy Never Pays said she didn't care very much for this one either. I have a long way to go before book 15. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. I read up to 13 and then lost interest and didn't finish 14.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish she'd write them off into the sunset so I wouldn't feel compelled to read them anymore! I've read all of them (still waiting for this one at the library) and the shine has worn off. Sad to hear this will be another disppointment - and yet will probably still read it. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard similar things about this book. I haven't read any of the series, and I'm not really sure I want to.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  7. my wife had the same impression. She's been enjoying the numbered series but felt a bit let down on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)