Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On the Nightstand- October



Here is what I listed last month. Yup. Some of these books have been there for the last two months! I need to stop getting new books.

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Housseini
Toxin by Robin Cook
The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz
Harsh Cry of the Heron by Lian Heron
The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
The Wonder Spot by Melissa Bank
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
The Dubliners by James Joyce
Violet In Private by Melissa Walker
Look At Me by Jennifer Egan (library)
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (bought)
Kandide and the Secret of the Mists by Diana S. Zimmerman (prize)

Books read this month:

Blue Bloods and Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz (oct)
Undone by Brooke Taylor (oct)
You Suck by Christopher Moore (oct)
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (oct)
Aura by Carlos Fuente (oct)
Look at Me by Jennifer Egan (oct)
Double Helix by Nancy Werlin (oct)
Doctor Who: The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Raynor (oct)
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (oct)
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (oct)
the perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (oct)
Kandide and the Secrets of the Mists (The Calabiyau Chronicles: Book One) by Diana Zimmerman (oct)
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (sep)

(I still can't believe I read all these!)

Now reading:

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (purchased)
The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly (purchased)

New Books on the Nightstand:

The Book of Names by D. Brinkley Briggs
Courage in Patience by Beth Fehlbaum (prize)
The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi (prize)

3 comments:

  1. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Housseini
    I've heard a lot of good things about this one...hope to read it one day...so many books so little time...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read both Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherines (John Green) in October. I liked Katherines better than Alaska (but I think I might be in the minority on that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankenstein--nice choice for October.
    I had my first official session with my personal trainer the other day. Since then, with my quad muscles shredded, I've been walking like Frankenstein.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)