Thursday, October 23, 2008

Undone- Book Review

Undone Undone by Brooke Taylor

"We are more alike than you think."

These were some of the first words that Kori spoke to Serena on the day they met. For two years they were the best of friends until the accident. Deciding to not leave her friend's greatest wishes "undone", Serena takes on her list and comes across secrets she never knew her friend was keeping.

A slow start at the beginning but the second half is full of revelations that just sucked me in.

On a side note, there were a lot of pop culture references thrown in that just seemed unnecessary and some that felt outdated. Do teens know who Bob Newhart is these days?

3/5

2 comments:

  1. This is a book I've been wanting to read, I'm glad you got sucked in toward the second half.

    Alot of time the pop-culture tidbits that get put into books are cool, but sometimes they do flop - Bob Newhart? In a YA novel? I barely know about Bob Newhart and I'm in my thirties! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nona read this, I think, I'll have to ask her. My guess would be no.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)