Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dead Until Dark-Book Review

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 1) Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


I picked it up because I knew it was the basis for True Blood, the new show on HBO that I can't seem to stop watching.

It reads exactly as the show. True Blood doesn't deviate too much from this first book in the Southern Vampire Series. There were some differences, but I know exactly the direction the show is going to go. Season 1=Book 1.

Anyway, the book was a quick read, fun and entertaining. I probably would not have picked it up had it not been for True Blood, but glad I did. I will probably read more of the series but I am not running out to get the next one.


3/5

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this!
    I dont have HBO so I havent seen True Blood.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very heartily concur. I picked the book up for the same reason and had the same attitude after the fact.

    I'm thinking I won't read the rest of the series (unless HBO doesn't renew True Blood)... it might make watching that much more interesting if I don't know exactly where the story is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have HBO, but have been able to watch a few episodes over at my girlfriends house. I just love that vampire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)