Thursday, October 9, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Here are my answers for this week's Booking Through Thursday meme:

What was the last book you bought?
I have been trying to limit my book buying but did break down recently and bought Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.

Name a book you have read MORE than once
It is really hard for me to reread books, but I have done it for all the HP books, Anne of Green Gables and The Perks of Being a Wallflower just last week for Banned Book Week.

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
I would say no. All books have enhanced my life by providing me a place to escape, imagine, etc., but I wouldn't say they have "fundamentally changed the way I see life".

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
All of the above.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction!

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
Gripping plot. All the beautiful writing in the world won't make me read a book unless their is a good story behind it.

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables, Jo March from Little Women

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
A lot!

Look At Me by Jennifer Egan is what I am currently reading.
The Last Undercover by Bob Hamer was a prize I won from Amy during BBAW.
You Suck by Christopher Moore is a recent library pick.

The rest are all TBR at some point. Some are partially read, others are for Challenges, some have been on the bookshelf for almost a year!

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Housseini
Toxin by Robin Cook
The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz
Harsh Cry of the Heron by Lian Heron
The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
The Wonder Spot by Melissa Bank
Darfur Diaries by Jen Marlowe
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
The Dubliners by James Joyce
Violet In Private by Melissa Walker

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
I just finished Peeps by Scott Westerfeld last night.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
Yes! I have a couple on my nightstand now that are read only half way. They are still there in case I get the urge to continue them.

6 comments:

  1. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Housseini

    EXCELLENT hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Women is one of my favorites! And I've been wanting to read Frankenstein by Mary Shelly too.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to read Wicked. I'm hoping my best friend buys it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you like Frankenstein - it's one I've re-read many times. And Jo March has always been one of my favorite literary characters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't put off Harsh Cry of the Heron too long! I absolutely loved that series. In fact, I'll probably read all four books again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yasmin- I know, I keep putting this book off. I need to read it soon.

    naida,jlshall-I need to reread Little Women one of these days.

    tina- Wicked is such a fun book. A third book is coming out this month! A must read for me.

    Beth- I am actually pretty close to finishing it. I stopped reading to get some of my challenge reads done and just haven't gone back to it. It's also not as exciting as the first three books, imo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)