Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blue Bloods and Masquerade-Book Review



I just finished both books by Melissa de la Cruz tonight. I had been wanting to read them for awhile and thought it would be best to do it soon since the third in the series is being released this Tuesday. I will be at Target to get my copy next weekend (after I get paid).

I really enjoyed these books. It is a good mix of historical fiction, vampires and Gossip Girl. They are fun, fast-paced and are set amongst the backdrop of New York and Venice. Two places I have been. I love it when books are set in places I have visited or lived in.

Schuyler Van Alan is not popular at her New York Private School so is surprised to receive an invitation to a meeting of The Committee, an exclusive social group. At this meeting she discovers that in the coming years she will be experiencing the transformation from human to vampire. With this new revelation and a place amongst the social elite of her school (the Blue Bloods), Schuyler finds herself in the middle of a vampire murder mystery and discovers her family's history and secrets.

Masquerade reveals the murderer but ends with more questions about the Silver Bloods and the connections between the families and Schuyler's mother. I look forward to reading the new book to see what is revealed.

3/5


Available Tuesday, October 28th.

3 comments:

  1. I read the first in this series, Blue Bloods, but not Masquerade. The first book was okay, but not as good as others in this same genre (especially compared to City of Bones/City of Glass, in my opinion).

    I had read another review of Masquerade over on The Reader's Quill blog (she did it to coincide with the Revelations release also). Maybe I'll have to give these other two books a look... they aren't too consuming to read, so it's not a big investment if I don't end up liking them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read City of Bones. I have been meaning to though. Anyway, these are easy, quick reads. And they make for great library check outs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished book 1 and book 3 of this series. It's definitely entertaining and I'm curious to see what happens in the next book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)