Sunday, July 13, 2008

stage 8 & 9 updates

Stage 8

Columbia once again with a terrific stage win by Cavendish yesterday. His lead out man, Ciolek, made it across in second place. Once again Kirchen ended the day in yellow.

I did manage to get some much needed knitting done on the clapotis despite a slight mechanical problem. Tangled yarn. I had to do some cutting and splicing. It has about a foot in length now. Not bad, but not good.

clap


Stage 9

Today's stage was the first in the Pyrenees. It is time for the climbers and the overall GC contenders to make their moves. It was actually a quiet day for the favorites. None of them made a move, probably saving their legs for tomorrow's stage. There were a lot of attacks by others, however, and in the end the stage win went to Ricco. His second in this year's Tour. GC standings stayed about the same except for American, Christian Vandevelde of team Garmin-Chipotle moving into third.

Just like the sprinters in this stage, I fell back into the "autobus". I really need to get some knitting done on this scarf or it will never get finished by the end of the tour. I was distracted by a pretty sock. I started the second of my Beatrix socks for the SPEW KAL.

second beatrix

1 comment:

  1. The clapotis is looking fabulous and I LOVE, LOVE, the color on the socks. I am a bit partial to pink!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)