Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting to Know You Questionnaire

Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:
For KnittyOtter's contest. Go check it out!

1.) How long have you been knitting?

My mother-in-law taught me to knit during our yearly trip to Sea Ranch back in 2003 or 2004. There were lots of stops and starts and garter stitch scarves until I really got into it.

2.) How long have you been knitting socks?

I started my first pair of socks for a KAL in the Summer of 2006. They were knit on 2 circulars using the Cat Bordhi basic sock pattern.

3.) What do you do with a problem like Maria?

You don't. You just let her do her own thing.

4.) What is your all time favorite sock yarn?

So far, I have really loved my Sunshine Yarns Merino Sock yarn.

5.) Toe Up or Cuff Down?

I have only tried cuff down, so cuff down.

6.) What's your favorite color (this week or for all time)? Do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

All time favorites: periwinkle, green

7.) Do you have a pet(s)?

Yes, a very cute kitty named Joey.

8.) Babies: Oven Roasted or Barbecued?

uh? neither.

9.) Besides socks what is your favorite type of thing to knit?

Hats! I like small projects.

10.) What's your favorite scent?

Lavendar.

Red Currant scented candles by Votivo

11.) What music are you really loving right now? Like a song or a band?

MUSE

12.) How many pairs of socks have you hand knit?

8 pairs

13.) What's your favorite treat? Salty or Sweet?

The saltier the better


14.) What was the most interesting thing you smelled yesterday. Not good or bad necessarily, just the thing that stuck out most so that you actually took notice of it.

Clean laundry. Best smell all day.

15.) Needles - DPN's: Wooden, metal or plastic?

bamboo

16.) What is your favorite sock pattern that you've knit? What do you recommend?

Charades by Sandra Park

17.) The last Question: If you were stuck on a deserted island who would you want with you, what knitting would you want with you and would you ever want to leave?

With the hubby, of course, and lots of sock yarn. We would have warm feet.
Would I want to leave? Yes. There are a lot of family we would miss.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just thought I should try again since I'm pretty sure the mistake was mine. I looked at the Charades sock pattern on Ravelry and I think I'll have a go at it one of these days, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)