Monday, July 28, 2008

classics challenge 2008


Classics Challenge 2008:I am a little late to the party but luckily for me, I started reading a classic at the beginning of July.

So, here is the list of my chosen books:

July- Emma by Jane Austen

August- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (my should- be- a- classic pick from the list. I just checked it out of the library. I hope it is okay to be here instead of in the last month.)

September- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton or Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh

October- Dracula by Bram Stoker or Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

November-Dubliners by James Joyce

December- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

I believe that qualifies me for Option 2, not sure about 3.


Classics Meme

1. My favorite classic is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

2. The classic I had the toughest time finishing is Paradise Lost by John Milton

3. I would recommend anything by Jane Austen to someone who doesn't read a lot of classics or who doesn't generally like classics because they can't relate to the characters.

4. To me, a classic book is a book that stands the test of time, relevant today, makes you think.

5. The type of relationship I have with classics is good. I try to read a few classics, ones I have not read, every year. They are so much better now than when I tried to read them in school. :)

1 comment:

  1. I also chose the 13th Tale for my new classic. I've heard so many good things, I can't wait to read it!

    I have A Farewell to Arms lined up next for the Classics Challenge, but I'm really excited to read Frankenstein in October. Something SO corny, but FUN about reading it at that time of year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)