Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Reading List

I have some new books for this summer! Yay!

I love being a teacher for many reasons, but one is definitely getting my summers off. I truly enjoy my summer breaks. They give me time to travel to far off lands, visit my family back in California and read.

So, lots of books are a good thing, right? There is no need for a book ban. Tell the hubby!

I am going to be flying through these like crazy. 

So, here is what I got this week:

The Castaways: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand (for review). Thanks to Miriam at Hachette.
Back Creek by Leslie Goetsch (for review). Thanks to Harrison at Bancroft Press.

I also treated myself with an end of the year gift. I went to Half-Price Books. (Dangerous, I know.) Look at all I came home with!

Second Helpings and Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty 
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld
The Alchemist by Michael Scott
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Someone Like You and That Summer by Sarah Dessen

How much do you think I spent on all that? 



The closest to guessing the right amount will get a prize. I have an audiobook of Impulse by Ellen Hopkins that has been listened to once by yours truly.

Good luck! 




Giveaway Rules:
  • Leave me a comment with your guess and an email address.
  • Ends Monday, June 15th at 12am CST.
  • Open to everyone no matter where you are located.

HINT: They are all paperback copies-some trade, some mass-market. 

 

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page

_________________________________________


***Giveaway for The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan ends tomorrow! Have you entered yet?



21 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess $15. I got Castaways, too - are you doing the tour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to enter me in the contest, I just think it's cool you managed to find The Forest of Hands and Teeth at HPB. It's so new, I didn't even know it was available in paperback yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted The Forest of Hands and Teeth too - may have to relent and buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Castaways sounds like a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bermudaonion- It wasn't mentioned when the book was offered to me to read, so I don't think so.

    Amanda- It isn't available in paperback yet. Someone gave them their ARC. They are not supposed to sell those are they?

    Scrap Girl- Haven't read it yet but I have heard great things about it.

    Mary- It does sound good. It will make a good beach read. I will be on the coast in N.CA at the end of the month. Perfect reading material for that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard good things about the Forest of Hands and teeth...kind of scary freaky things:)

    I love discounted books:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those all look like they will be interesting editions to your library! I hope you enjoy reading them! ^_^ and everyone deserves a gift once in a while.

    I think I am going to guess $6 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Jessica Darling Series on my Summer Reading List too! I've heard such great things about it.

    My guess is $18! eafeldpausch at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd guess you spent about $23. I got The Castaways as well. Back Creek looks interesting, chock full of events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to go with $7. I don't know why but it's the first number that popped in my head.

    Also, yay, you got THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH which I've heard a whole lot of good things about. I hope you like it! I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to guess $25 - what a haul you got. I'm hoping to get The Castaways too. I have The Forest of Hands and Teeth, but haven't read it yet, it looks really good.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great books you got. I'm going with $21.

    my email is teddyree@optusnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fun, fun, fun Mari!! Lots of great books! I'm going to guess $12.20!!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! I recently got The Angel Experiment, too. The Alchemist is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mari! No need to enter me but I just wanted to say you've got some really good buys there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't enter me because I've already read Impulse but I wanted to tell you that your stash looks great!! and now I just may have to wander over to half price books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must say. I am having a lot of fun seeing all your "guesstimates".
    I am also having fun reading through my haul. 2 have already been read and one is being read right now. :)

    Thanks all for visiting. I see some new names on here. Off to visit your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not even going to try, I am horrible at guessing lol!
    But I have to say that you bought really awesome books and I hope you will have some fun in the summer reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, lilly. :) I am enjoying them already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)