Monday, June 15, 2009

Sister's Baby's Dress

Ribbon Detail

Pattern: Little Sister's Dress by Tora Frøseth
Source: knittingalot
Yarn: Jaeger Sienna
Needles: US3
[ravelry link]

What a cute little dress! I absolutely love this little thing and the pattern was really easy to follow and just came out great. I can't wait to see the look on my sister's face when she sees it. I am also making some itty bitty booties to go along with it. Hopefully they will be done in time. They are little, they shouldn't take too long. I need to find some little brown buttons for them.

Only changes I made was leaving off the buttons on the collar and using a ribbon instead. Also, only two garter sections on the hem due to yarn running out. I made the 6 mos. old size dress instead of the three month in the hope that the dress will get more use that way. We shall see.

Click on my ravelry link to see more details and pictures.

5 comments:

  1. So cute, Mari!! I love the ribbon idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Great idea with the ribbon and it's pink without being Pink too. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a darling dress. I miss knitting for little girls. Teenagers just aren't so keen about pink and ribbons:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)