Friday, June 5, 2009

Book Review- Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

Sloppy Firsts Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

The Jessica Darling series has been much touted as a must read by many fellow readers, so I had to finally get myself a copy.

Jessica Darling is dealing with high school now that her best friend, Hope, has moved away. It's hard when her social group annoys her, the boy she likes doesn't know she exists, and the "Dreg" that was a friend of Hope's deceased brother is all of a sudden taking an interest in her.

For the first book in the series it was a bit of a slow start for me. I had a hard time getting interested in Jessica Darling's pretty normal high school experience, that is until Marcus Flutie makes an entrance. I absolutely loved his character and attitude and how it changed Jessica into a much more interesting person. Pretty quickly I realized that I didn't want it to end. I want to go right out and buy the next book.

3/5

Serial Readers Challenge


_________________________________________


***Current Giveaway: The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Open until Tuesday, June 9th at 7:00pm CST.


1 comment:

  1. I read the first two books but can't recall anything about them, except that I enjoyed them.

    Most of the books I read before I started a reading journal are so hazy in my mind, lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)