Thursday, June 11, 2009

Book Review- Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1) The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Max and her family have to return to the school they escaped from when the youngest, Angel, is taken from them. It is not a place they want to return to. The kids at the school are experimented on and turned into freaks of nature by uncaring scientists who only see them as test subjects and not as people.

So what makes Max, Nudge, Angel, Fang, Iggy and Gasman different?

They have wings.

Absolutely enjoyable book. Typical James Patterson style - short chapters, non-stop action right from the beginning, likable and interesting characters. This was a hard book to put down once I got started. Very fun, highly entertaining. I can see why it is liked by so many. This will make a great series for me to read this summer.

I know a lot of people have a problem with James Patterson's writing, feel that it is not good enough to warrant all the success his books get. I read classics, literary fiction, young adult fiction, and mass market popular fiction, all for different reasons. I know what I am going to get when I read one of his books- entertainment. It is all I am asking for when I buy a James Patterson book.

Once again, I have been entertained.

4/5

Serial Readers Challenge

_________________________________________


***Current Giveaway: Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. Open until Monday, June 15th at 12:00am CST.

8 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by him, but I know what you mean. There are series I read, which aren't good from a technical standpoint, but they're enjoyable as quick, light reads and that's all I ever expect from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find his books easy reading and quick reads as they are just full of action. This one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, the third not-so-much and I've got the 4th on my shelves but I've not picked it up yet, but whatever the faults are in his writing, Max and the gang are such great characters, I'm sure I'll be picking it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the fourth book in audiobook format that I won so picked up the first book to get caught up before listening. Such a quick read. I need to go back to HPB and get the other books in between.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this series, though I've read several of Patterson's books. I'll have to find out the title of the first one and start with it. Sounds like an 'entertaining' series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Booklogged- this is the first book in the series. I believe there are four books total.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and there are now 5 books in the series. Max is the newest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)