Saturday, June 27, 2009

Book Review: Persuasion by Jane Austen

Persuasion Persuasion by Jane Austen

Another wonderful novel by Jane Austen and yet different from the others I have read because this is not about finding love for the first time. This is about finding love and giving it up and then getting a second chance.

Anne Elliot is a very endearing character. I liked her from the very beginning. She puts up with so much from her family and friends and does it with great patience and always with a smile. She is also vulnerable and a little sad. I was always rooting for a happy ending for her.

Absolutely beautiful prose. I loved getting to read Anne's feelings on everything. It is so real and relevant even today. I can imagine women today having the exact same reaction to seeing the one that got away and dissecting every encounter to determine if he still has feelings.

5/5

Classics Challenge


_________________________________________



8 comments:

  1. I really need to read the Jane Austen books I have. There are just too many books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the kind of review that makes me want to stop what I'm doing.. go buy a copy of the book and just read. LOVE IT.. I know it is a must read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mari,

    Persuasion is my second favorite Austen. It only falls behind Pride and Prejudice.

    I also won an award for my blog and I am passing it on to you. You can pick up your award here.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Persuasion. It rates up there with P&P. Anne is such a great character and deserves her happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap Girl- There really are too many books to read! :) This is a good one.

    Toni- Thanks! You really should read it.

    Grace- Yay, thanks! Off to check it out.

    Black Sheep- It is up there for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one on my shelf, waiting to be read. Sounds like I'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Persuasion, too, even if it's not my fave Austen. As it is, everything Austen is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never find fault with Austen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)