Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Change of Pace

I have been spending my afternoons reading since being off of work. It is quite nice. I could get used to it.  Currently I am reading something completely different from what I have been reading and it is quite a nice change of pace.

And, it is making me really excited to get to the UK this summer and have my own delicious, greasy fish and chips.

"Mina unfolded the oily paper from around her fish, fingers basking in the release of hot vapour. The batter was warm and brittly dry, but when she broke it open the fish inside was slick and steamy, scalding her fingertips." page 81. Crossed Wires by Rosy Thornton.



Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.



10 comments:

  1. Yum! Yes, I'd love some fish and chips right now. Especially if I could go to the UK to get them. Nice teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great teaser! I want fish and chips too now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my..drooling over the fish and chips.. ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish and chips *drool* Thanks Mari. Now I'm hungry :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent description of fried fish. Very hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you really going to the UK this summer? If so, lucky you! I loved this book and hopefully will be posting a review soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wanted some fish and chips after reading that too. :)

    I will be heading to England and Scotland in July. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo-hoo, that's so exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip! (I'm presuming you'll blog about it...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely share pics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)