Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sunday Salon (5/10/09)

The Sunday Salon.comHappy Sunday! 

It was quite a week for me. I started off enjoying the fact that I had the week unexpectedly off to being called back to work on Wednesday. Kids were back in school Thursday and by Friday all was back to normal. Oh well, I still got 4 days off. Can't complain too much. However, my reading plan for the week had to be changed. 

A few books to share that I read since May began.

An Obsolete Honor by Helena P. Schrader
Crossed Wires by Rosy Thornton
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

All quite different from each other, but all enjoyed and two counted towards some challenges for the year. May is starting off quite nicely. Regarding, An Obsolete Honor- would you file it under A or O? (for the AtoZ Challenge)

My problem- I still have not finished a book for the Classics Challenge! I really need to get busy on that one. I just haven't found the time or the desire to read a classic lately. 

What is a good classic novel that I should read to get me started?
 
__________________________________________________

Once again Yvonne at Socrates Book Reviews has bestowed upon me another very cool award. This one started by the lovely, Naida
Isn't that little chihuahua cute? Love the little knit sweater. :)

Thanks, Yvonne!!






7 comments:

  1. If you have not read Little Women, I say go for it. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bell Jar is a great one to start with if you haven't read it. Also, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go with gautami above - definitely Little Women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. guatami and Scrap girl- Little Women is one of my favorite books, but my copy is back at my parents house in CA. That would be a fun reread, though. I may bring it back with me when I visit next month.

    Amanda- The Bell Jar is one I have wanted to read for a long time. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Women or The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard about The Moonstone. I will have to look that one up. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your alphabetizing question is a problem that drives me crazy sometimes! Anything with "The" or "A" I go by the second word. But those "An" ones are just nerve-racking. Yeah, I'm slightly OCD about organizing, listing and alphabetizing :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)