Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hermione's Cable & Eyelet Hat


Pattern: Hermione's Cable & Eyelet Hat by Jackie Lauseng
Source: JL YarnWorks
Needles: US 6
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Oxford Grey


This was a really fun and fast knit. It came out great but just a bit big even for my large head. I did use needles bigger than called for. Once again, because of my large head, but turns out I really didn't need to. I didn't even do the extra cable round that the pattern calls for for the adult sized hat. Anyway, next time this hat is knit, it will be with a lighter weight yarn and lighter color to get it to look more like the hat in the movie. Click on the link above to go and see. Also, I think it needs to be a twisted rib to get more defined ribbing.
Click here to see more pics. (Ravelry link)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)