Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Salon (02/01/09)

The Sunday Salon.com


It's Super Bowl Sunday.

Do you know who is playing today?

I sure don't and yet there will be friends coming over to watch. I can't lie, if no one was coming over I probably wouldn't watch. I have a book to finish and a couple ARC's to read and review before the end of the month. My Sunday could be better spent.

Now, I am not saying I don't like watching sports. I love college football and basketball, but the NFL, not so much. NBA? Only during playoffs and then if only teams or payers I like are in it. Have to root for the Kings ( I went to UCDavis and lived in Sacramento a year after that), Spurs (well, it's hard not to when you live in Austin), Mavericks (now that they have Jason Kidd), Golden State (because that is my in-laws team to watch).

Anyway, with football, the NFL I mean...if the 49ers aren't playing, well, I really don't care. So basically, I haven't cared for a very long time.

For those of you who can't wait for the game to start. Enjoy!
If your team is playing, I wish them good luck.

I think I will be the one sitting behind our guests with a book or some knitting in hand.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really pay much attention to football once my team is knocked out too. And even when they do make it...its still not a definite that I'll be following. I'm not a huge football fan. Today I have no plans to attend any superbowl parties so I think that I might sit and read and enjoy the brownies that I just made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)