Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Salon (It's November!)

The Sunday Salon.com

I can't believe it is already November. October flew by so quickly. It was a good month for reading, though. 14 books read last month! Hard to believe, I know. I am hoping for another month like that. Two months actually if I want to reach 100 books for the year. Anybody else with that goal?

This past week was spent more on knitting than reading, I must admit. I finished a pair of socks and am almost finished with some fingerless mitts for a friend.

So, I have some new books on the shelf that I need to get read for reviews this month and next. I have The Book of Names by D Barkley Briggs and Murder on the Down Low by Pamela Samuels-Young. Of course those aren't the only books on my to-read shelf at the moment. I will be reading Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer for the New Classics Challenge and The Dubliners by James Joyce for the Classics Challenge.

I will be having a book giveaway this coming week. Check back tomorrow for the details. I have three books to start and there may be more during the week. All winners will be announced next weekend. So, visit everyday next week and see what you can win.

5 comments:

  1. 'and Murder on the Down Low by Pamela Samuels-Young'

    I've heard good things about that one and hope to read it soon. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to read 100 books this year too...and I think I'll make it. I'm on book number 91 right now...and since I usually average 8 books a month, I should slide right into my goal :) Into Thin Air is a terrific book - hope you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on making it to 100 - I made it last month! My new goal is 130.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never seen that list before, but I love the concept of New Classics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, it's November already. Time flies by.
    14books read, thats great!
    Wonderful knitting skills :) I feel the same way, it's like 'should I crochet or read?'...decisions, decisions....lol

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)