Monday, November 24, 2008

YA quick reviews (Untamed and Shadow Kiss)

Untamed (House of Night, Book 4) Untamed by P.C. Cast
Another fun, fast paced story about Zoey Redbird and her fledgling vampire friends at the House of Night. This book takes place just a few days after the end of Chosen, and this book covers only 2-3 days. What a great way to make this series go on and on. It definitely ended with a bit of a cliffhanger.

When does the next one come out?

Overall, a very enjoyable, hard to put down read. There were just a few things that bugged me...the characters kept saying "ugh". "Ugh" this, "ugh" that. Ugh. It got a bit annoying after awhile. Also, I still can't get used to "brown pop". Is this a regional thing? Why not soda or cola? Anyway, that's it. I am ready for the next book.

3/5


Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) by Richelle Mead
I am not going to say too much about this one since I would hate to give anything away. This has to be my favorite of the three books. So much going on. Lots of action and suspense and romance. A perfect mixture of all three. I really wasn't expecting the ending. Such a surprise that, I must say, made me a bit angry. Still, I like that I wasn't expecting that. Can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)