Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Book Review- Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code (Book 3) Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

During Artemis Fowl's last heist before giving it all up to be a part of a normal family with his mother and returned father, his trusty bodyguard and friend, Butler, gets mortally wounded and the C-Cube, which has lots of stolen fairy technology within it, is taken by a Chicago mobster. Once again, Artemis must get help from Holly Short and the LEPrecon Unit to help save Butler and get back the cube. And the price for that help? Only his memory and perhaps everything that has changed him from the ruthless criminal mastermind he was to the much more humane and moral, yet still a genius, Artemis he is now.

The best of the bunch so far. I really enjoyed seeing the nicer side of Artemis. The journal entries were a nice new inclusion, sharing his thoughts about the change in his father after his recovery.

4/5

Serial Readers Challenge

I am also counting this one towards my own yearly challenge of reading a book by an Irish author during the month of March. Not exactly the same as the previous books I have read, but it still meets my own requirements. :)

Here are some of the other books I have read:

2008- In the Forest by Edna O'Brien (review)
2007- Oh, Play That Thing by Roddy Doyle
2006- A Star Called Henry by Roddy Doyle
2005- My Dream of You by Nuala O'Faolain

In 2003 we went to Ireland so there were a few more books read that year, I unfortunately can't remember them right now. I know one was an anthology of women authors. I also read The Princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherford as it was a gift that Christmas before along with the trip. I still need to get myself a copy of The Rebels of Ireland.

Happy St. Patrick's Day


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I've still only read the first Artemis book, but I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading the rest of the series. My son just recently finished the third book and he says they just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like Roddy Doyle. He's another one of those you're always hearing about, but I've never read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My younger brother LOVES these books, but I haven't read any of them. Will have to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review.

    I gave you an award
    http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/03/sisterhood-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okie and Janssen- Yes! The books area lot of fun. :)
    BlackSheep- I enjoyed both books by Roddy Doyle. Very character oriented.
    Yvonee- Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)