Friday, March 11, 2016

Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell

Homage to Catalonia

Read for Book Group. Another book I wouldn't have chosen on my own

For being a book about the Spanish Civil War and the intricacies of the political aspect of it, it could have been a very difficult read to get through. It wasn't easy, but the descriptive storytelling of Orwell's own personal experience made it interesting and palpable. I was lucky enough to have a copy that had the political explanation chapters in the appendix. I may have skipped those. 

A depressing and disillusioned, un-romanticized look at war through the eyes of a great writer. The descriptions were so real. I still feel itchy after reading about the lice in their trousers. Ick.


Happy Reading!
_________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)