Tuesday, August 21, 2007

shedir is finished



Pattern: Shedir by Jenna Wilson, Knitty
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Needles: US 3 circ and dpns

I've finished it. I stayed up way too late last night to get it done. Too bad I am not that happy with it. It is really long and the top is a bit pointy. I really wish I had followed my gut instincts and made it with one less of the repeated rows before the decereases. I am hoping the pointyness will go away with blocking. The length, well, I can always roll up the edge or maybe the hubby will like it. He has a longer head than me. :)

It's a pretty hat, I love the pattern, but there will be some modifications done to the next one, I think. Especially if I want it to fit on my short, round head. I am thinking the pointy may go away if I only did one round straight between the decrease rows rather than two as the pattern calls for.



Here is a view from the top. I took it last night in really bad lighting, so excuse the crappiness of it. It actually looks yellow. Huh. The pointyness of the hat goes away when worn, so I am not that worried about it. It is, of course, pulled over my eyes to get this nice top-of-the-head shot. Hehe. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Too bad you have to look at the top to see part of the pattern. You'll just have to walk bent over so people get the full effect :P

    Seriously, it's great. I'd like to do that pattern sometime too, so I'll keep your comments in mind. You should be able to get some of the pointiness out in the blocking. I did on the cable hat by pushing it out sideways so it was flatter. Looks better now.

    The Ipod size is good now, it just no longer has a play list and doesn't show all of it. Sometime computers can be a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Randomly, I just realized that my blog also looks different at work, either that, or they changed things overnight. I had the pictures to the right of the written stuff, but now they're all in really random place. But then, what can you expect from a site that's free *shrug*

    Um, the point being that the Ipod this was probably fine in the first place. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a great pattern! I would think the pointyness should work its way out with wear too, no? Fantastic hat. *appaluds*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)