Monday, August 27, 2007

A knitter is born

I am so proud.

A friend, who I taught how to knit last year brought me her first finished scarf today to help her bind off.

Yay!

Even more exciting, she had a large skein of yarn and new needles with her to cast on another.

She plans to make three scarves, two for her nieces and one for their mom. Very cute.

I mentioned that I still needed to teach her to purl. She decided she'd rather enjoy having gotten the hang of the knit stitch and make a few things before learning something else. :) I can't argue with that.

The teacher next door to me has also been wanting me to teach her to purl and shaping. She is tired of only making rectangles in garter stitch!

I think I have made myself a little knitting group at work. :)

3 comments:

  1. It feels great, doesn't it? I would like to do some "official" teaching. I've helped out beginners here and there, but don't have a lot official experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! Just wait though, she'll get tired of the knit stitch soon enough. I revelled in being able to do it about halfway through a 6 ft. garter stitch scarf, then I got really, really bored. Still, it is a good way to practice and to start getting your tension even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats! That must be such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)