Saturday, October 10, 2009

Book Review- Thanksgiving at the Inn by Tim Whitney

Thanksgiving at the Inn Thanksgiving at the Inn by Tim Whitney

Thanksgiving at the Inn turned out to be the perfect feel good read for me right now. I received the book earlier this summer from Bancroft Press but didn't get a chance to read until last night. It turned out to be perfect fall reading and to get me ready for the Holidays that are quickly sneaking up on me.

Heath Wellington III has been suspended from school for cheating, his father is a sometime alcoholic and a struggling writer and his grandfather just died. Life isn't easy but things begin to change when he and his father make the trip to Massachusetts to take over ownership of Senior's Inn. Heath and his father find the kindness of others and family in a new place and are able to begin healing their relationship right in time for Thanksgiving.

A wonderfully, sweet story of families, forgiveness and love. A great group of characters that keeps it interesting throughout. I never knew who else I would be meeting and what their secret would be. Loved it. I look forward to more young adult books from TIm Whitney.

Thanksgiving at the Inn came out on October 1st.

4/5

Other Reviews:

Cafe of Dreams
Pop Culture Junkie



_________________________________________

***I have an extra hardcover copy of Moving Day, Book 1 of the series Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls by Meg Cabot, to give away. All you have to do is leave me a comment here to enter. You have until midnight CST on Wednesday, October 14th. Open to everyone.***


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind review and hoped I help to get you geared up for the holiday season! Best wishes,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just know Christmas is just round the corner when all the Christmas books come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim- You are very welcome. It was a great book.

    Vivienne- I know! And I love Christmas themed books as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading good things about this one. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for adding my link, Mari! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should all come back and look for Tim Whitney's guest post later this week.

    Melody- You are very welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should all come back and look for Tim Whitney's guest post later this week.

    Melody- You are very welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)