Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a Week! (Sunday Salon)

This has been quite the busy and stressful week for me so I am quite happy it is finally Sunday. Report cards are due soon, changes at work are causing some stress, and other stress inducing factors that have come up recently have been driving me a little batty. 

Thankfully, I can lose myself in a good book once I get home or in my knitting even for just a little while and forget about it all. Coming online helps, as well, especially when you find out you have been given awards from some really great bloggers. These came from two of my own favorites so it made me smile and made me forget about all the crap I have had to deal with this week.


"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

A big thank you goes to Serena of SavyVerse&Wit for thinking of me when she read the above qualifications for this award.

Time to pass this on to 8 wonderful blogs:

Presenting Lenore
Confuzzled Books
The Book Zombie
Wendi's Book Corner
J Kaye's Book Blog
The Literate Housewife Review
Em's Bookshelf
kiss a cloud

Another big thank you to Yvonne of Socrates Book Reviews for giving me the "I Love Your Blog" award. You don't know just how much this means to me right now. :) This is so cool, right?

Here are the rules to keep the award moving:

1) Add the logo of the award to your blog
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs!

And here are 7 of the wonderful blogs I love to visit. It was so hard to pick just 7 out of all the blogs in my Reader:

BookBath
In Bed With Books
The Compulsive Reader
Reviewer X
Blacklin's Reading Room Review's and More
Blogging About Books
Lost in a Good Story

Thank you Serena and Yvonne for making this week end on a good note. :)
____________________________________________________

Today is the last day of the Book Giveaway Carnival that was hosted by Tracy at Book Room Reviews. Once again it was a lot of fun. I have one last winner to announce. The winner of Skeleton Creek by Patrick Carman. Such a fun book. You are going to enjoy it. Don't forget about the Webacast tomorrow, too! Anyway, the winner is...



Congratulations! Please email your address to marireadsATyahooDOTcom and I will get the book in the mail to you as soon as possible.



23 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love it! What a way to start a new week.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mari, thanks so much! You made my day :D *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari - You deserve both awards! Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awards. I'll have to check out the blogs you mention. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I've already received the award so I won't pass it on again, but I'll make a not on a post that you gave it to me as well! I really appreciate it. Blog awards do make you smile - someone actually likes reading what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your awards, I've enjoyed reading your blog and many of the ones you gave awards too. Have a great sunday and happy reading. My TSS post is here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, Claire, Liviania- You are very welcome. I know these have been going around for awhile so no worries about passing them on or mentions, really. Not necessary, just wanted to let you know I appreciate the hard work you all put into your blogs. :)

    Yvonne, Joy, Karen, Robin - Thank you so much! That means a lot. :)

    Scrap girl- Thanks! I am so happy you have enjoyed looking around and plan to come back. :) I will be re-visiting your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the awards Mari, they are well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mari, I'm thinking that there's another pair of red shoes at the Anthropologie nearest you, and that it's time you go get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your awards and Yeah I won! I have sent you my address!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Mari! That's one of the nicest, sweetest awards that I've seen floating around blogs. I'm honored. And I love reading your blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lenore, Shannon, Em- You are all very welcome as well. You know, I think handing these out are so much more fun than getting them. :)

    Sandra- Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

    Kristi- Thanks and congrats! I will try and get the book out to you early in the week. :)

    Beth- I am so going to see if I can find those red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for this award Mari! I was very excited to see I had received it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww ... thanks so much for the award. It made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen and Susan-You are so welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You definitely deserve the awards Mari. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats and thanks for the award! I'll try to get it up this week. :)

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, thanks for the awatd, I'm so touched!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are very welcome, Wendy and Joanna! I truly enjoy your blogs and visit daily. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)