Monday, March 23, 2009

Book Review- The Gifted Gabaldón Sisters by Lorraine López


The Gifted Gabaldón Sisters by Lorraine López

The Gabaldón Sisters- Loretta, Bette, Rita and Sophia, all named after famous movie stars, lost their mother early in life and were taken care of by their father and their old, Pueblo housekeeper, Fermina. Upon her death, she leaves the girls with a gift which they don't discover until much later in their lives. They had always believed the gifts to be magical- the power to heal, to lie, to curse and to make others laugh when in fact, the gift she left them is so much more powerful and meaningful.

This is a beautiful story about family, secrets, lies, history and love. I really enjoyed the weaving of English and Spanish throughout the writing. It is so much like the way my family speaks that it was very comfortable to read.

4/5

AtoZ Challenge



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you really liked this one. I still have it on my shelf to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it just as much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)