Tuesday, July 17, 2007

jaywalker, take two

Yesterday I started on another pair of socks. I wanted to try out the Jaywalker pattern that everyone is doing. I started it with my Wildfoote yarn and got a few rounds into the zigzag pattern before i realized that this yarn wasn't a good choice for Jaywalker. You couldn't see the zigzag at all. I had to frog and put my yarn back in the bin. I pulled out the Knitpicks Dancing instead and cast on again. Still on the ribbing so not sure if this will work any better. It is a variegated yarn, so I have my fingers crossed that it will look much better.

I probably should have not started another pair of socks and continued with Ruffled Surplice. It needs to be finished, but it takes so much pattern reading that I can't do it while watching the Tour on tv or when my mom and dad here. They talk to me and I lose my place. I am very incapable sometimes of doing more than one thing at a time.

Mom and Dad are leaving tomorrow. Bright and early, I think. I am very happy I got those socks finished, even if they are a bit uneven. OOps. Anyway, mom will have some socks to keep her feet cozy on the drive back to California.

1 comment:

  1. What was the problem with the first yarn? Was it solid? Were the repeats too long? Too short? I'm asking because Jaywalker is on my "to knit" list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)