Friday, December 12, 2008

Holidays On Ice- Book Review

Holidays on Ice Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris

I was really expecting this book to have me laughing out loud after hearing all the praise for David Sedaris. This is the first book of his that I have picked up and was looking forward to a good laugh. I was surprised to find myself crying with some of the stories of the people who are mentally and physically disabled who visit santa in the first story, Santa Diaries. I really hope that they were not in the book as comic relief because if they are, that would just be mean and uncaring.

There were definitely parts of the book that were somewhat funny but I was never made to laugh out loud.
Perhaps David Sedaris' sense of humour is just not the same as mine.

2/5

1 comment:

  1. I have been keen to read a Sedaris book for a while now but maybe this isn't the one to start with? Although I have a pretty dark sense of humour so maybe it would suit me??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)