Thursday, January 8, 2009

YA Quick Review- Gossip Girl (1&2)

Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, Book 1) Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
I found this book on my sister in law's bookshelf over the summer while visiting. Since I am completely obsessed with the show I picked it up and read it all in less than a day. It was different from the show in some ways and very similar in others. I enjoyed the style, with GG's blog posts interspersed throughout with little gossipy tidbits. It was a fun summer read.

3/5

You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, Book 2) You Know You Love Me by Cecily von Ziegesar
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first book but it was still a quick, fun read. I am just not a fan of this Dan Humphries. He is a bit of a dork. His obsession with Serena is a bit much. I also needed more Chuck Bass.

I began reading this after becoming a fan of the show, so the differences may be influencing my thoughts on the books.

2/5

YA Book Challenge
AtoZ Challenge (Y)

3 comments:

  1. I have tried to read this series but can't bring myself too. I don't watch the series either. Glad you had fun reading thou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit to loving the first series of this show - although the second series has been a little disappointing so far I think. I have also picked up the book to read - not sure which I like more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Chuck Bass, what a great character. At least on TV...I haven't read the books yet, but I'm obsessed with the TV show. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)