Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Coraline-Book Review

I really enjoyed this book. I read it in 2 hours. I had never read Gaiman before. I picked this one up when I couldn't find Stardust at the library. I am so glad I did.

Coraline finds a door to nowhere in her new flat which actually turns out to be a way into another, scarier version of her own house. The book reminded me a lot of Pan's Labyrinth in its fantastical style, it's surreal and terrifying characters.

A wonderful, disturbing book that will probably give me nightmares. Black buttons will feature prominently.

4/5

R.I.P III Challenge

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one Mari but I absolutely loved Stardust - you will have to try and track it down I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Pan's Labyrinth, so I'll have to check this one out - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the buttons so much as the horrible singing rats that gave me nightmares - but I listened to the audiobook version, narrated by Gaiman himself, and he actually had the rats sing... *shudder*.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read a handful of Gaiman books, but this one is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to hear Gaiman narrate this. It was an interesting book to read. As you say, disturbing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)