Monday, April 23, 2012

Current Read and Teaser: The Orchid House by Lucinda Rey


I am really enjoying this book. Have any of you read it? Really quite good so far and I am only 30 pages in! Anyway, want a little tease? Thought so. Here you go:

"Julia pulled her car to a stop in front of the crumbling stone steps that led up to the main entrance of Wharton Park. The house was dark, with the magnificent oak front door ominously closed." page 181, paperback.
Happy Tuesday!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (I am usually not so random)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
_________________________________________
 
FTC Disclosure: Clicking on title and image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

11 comments:

  1. Lots of foreboding in your teaser. I'll bet Julia is reluctant to go inside.
    My teaser is from A DIFFERENT KIND OF FOREVER: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh good teaser. This book is on my wishlist. Are you enjoying it?
    Thanks for stopping by my TT. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser. Can't wait for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was offered this novel for review but had too many existing review commitments to accept another at the time - what a shame, looks and sounds wonderful - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah closed doors, now I'm curious what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your teaser, makes me want to know more!

    Here's our two teasers this week: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/04/tuesday-teasers-catch-me-and-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaves you wanting to know what is behind those doors! Nice teaser.

    You can find my teaser at:
    http://cmbrown-books.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this one, but it sounds really good.

    My TT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your teaser! Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An intriguing teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a good book :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)