Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Book Review- Soul Catcher by Leigh Bridger

Soul Catcher (The Outsider Series) Soul Catcher by Leigh Bridger

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with this book by Leigh Bridger. I didn't have very good luck with the last Urban Fantasy book I received through Library Thing's Early Reviewer Program. I was actually expecting more of the same. Instead, I got a fresh new story and plot, a tough as nails female protagonist and some interesting supporting characters. The demon is one awful, scary and absolutely perfectly evil for this type of story.

There was some overuse of the F word, but after awhile I didn't even notice it anymore. Once I got to know Livia a little better, her use of swearing is very much part of her character. Livia is a soul catcher, reborn many times, and this time is living as a folk artist in Asheville, NC. She is surrounded by friends who have been by her side in every life. As Livia, she encounters a demon that has been following her throughout her lifetimes set on revenge. She gets help from her friends and from Ian, who turns out to be her soul mate.

Soul Catcher is the first book in The Outsider Series.

3/5

Read for Read a Thon. Finally reviewing the books I read. :)

Source: Library Thing's Early Reviewer Program

_________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. I agree about the F word. I didn't like it much. I have linked your review with mine. Here is my review of Soul Catcher. You too can link to yours with mine, if you wish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)