Wednesday, August 28, 2013

In need of a Style Fix

The last three years have seen my attempts of looking fashionable go down the toilet. I have been living in my yoga pants, nursing tanks and large cardigans for way too long. I thought it was about time I do something about it since I am now out in public a lot more often and with much more stylish moms than me.

This past year, I started taking my 2 year old to school and quickly realized how important this was for me as much as it was for her. I had to make somewhat of an effort to look presentable. My wardrobe, however, was lacking. I started making an attempt to spruce it up a bit with some accessories- jewelry from Stella & Dot and Alea's great shop on Etsy, Pop Culture Junkie. It helped, but now it is time to move on to my clothing.

I need clothes that aren't from Target. Now, don't get me wrong. I love Target clothes. I love how inexpensive they are and comfortable. I can try trendy stuff without spending a fortune. The problem is, that I don't go for trendy. I go for comfort. I go for the same dresses (that may be cover ups) and workout clothes (that I end up wearing all day) every time.

I know I am not the only one stuck in a clothing rut, right?

So here is what I have decided to do. I have seen a number of people mention StitchFix. A stylist puts together a box of clothes for you, you try them on in the comfort of your own home, send back what you don't like, keep what you do. Perfect! What a great way to try new things, refresh my wardrobe and avoid the mall.

I get my first box on the 12th. I can't wait!






Happy Shopping!
_________________________________________

 FTC Disclosure: Clicking on book title and/or image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)