Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Sunday Salon


Look over at my sad list of followers on Facebook. Just 5. Understandable, really. I am just not sure how to go about utilizing that page. Ideas? I must say, I am doing much better on Google +. I am actually liking it a lot better for keeping up with followers and those in your Circles. Are any of you on G+? What do you all think of it? You can find me at http://gplus.to/marireads.

***

Anyway, this has been a lovely long weekend with my mom in town. We have gone on walks all over the city- Golden Gate Park, The Presidio. Today we went to Sausalito and had lunch at the Buckeye Roadhouse.  Tomorrow-Union Square for some shopping. Emma is loving having her grandma here.

It was also great to have her watch the little girl Friday night while the hubby and I went to dinner at Kiss Sushi before going to a performance of the SF Symphony. James Lipton hosted the performance, which was Music from the Movies. Lots of really great movie music...Hagrid's Theme, Love theme from The Godfather, James Bond theme, ET! The whole second half was John Williams. I was in heaven. It was a great date night. The hubby and I hadn't had one in awhile.

***

Can't believe July is over. Went by very quickly. Here's a list of books I read and reviewed this month. Only three. 

Samson's Lovely Mortal by Tina Folsom (review)
The Ambition by Lee Strobel (review)
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (review)

***

Happy Sunday!

_________________________________________

FTC Disclosure: Clicking on title and image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)