Thursday, September 30, 2010

YA Quick Review: Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Steifvater

Shiver
Shiver

A different and interesting take on werewolf mythology. Big on romance but short on thrills. I tend to like my werewolves to be a little scary. Besides the beginning, there was no time I felt that they were threats. It would have made for a better story for me.

I did like the connection between Sam and Grace. That alone kept me wanting to read on. 

3/5



Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)
Linger

Book 2 continues where Shiver left off, with plenty of love in the cold air. Sam is living as a human, enjoying time with Grace, who is beginning to have odd symptoms. Could they be a result of the bite she received as a kid? 

Linger started off a bit slow for me but got a bit more exciting towards the end.

3/5


_________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. I also prefer my werewolfs a little more scary. Makes them more interesting. Shiver did nothing for me and after reading your review, I think I'll give the other one a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got these 2 lined up this month... Your reviews will set up my expectations and I have to admit the covers are great. I hear the next one Forever is red.

    Say hi to Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forever's cover is red and quite striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)