Monday, October 19, 2015

The Taco Cleanse

The Taco Cleanse by Wes Allison, Stephanie Bogdanich, Molly P. Frisinger, Jessica Morris
Published by The Experiment, December 2015

Source: NetGalley, publisher for review

There are so many diets and cleanses going around that claim to be the best thing for you- they will "Change Your Life" they say. Well, so far this is the only one that the hubby and I have happily jumped on the bandwagon for. 

The Taco Cleanse!

"The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life"

Right? 

The hubby and I basically lived on this "cleanse" for nine years when we lived in Austin.  Funny that the writers are all Texans, some Austinites. Seriously, the taco should be the official state food of Texas.

Anyway, without even making a recipe from here I am completely, 100% a proponent of this cleanse!

 So, this turned out to be all vegan recipes, which on occasion I do make for myself and for friends, but my husband and I are not vegan or vegetarian. We enjoy our tacos with carnitas, chicken al pastor and brisket. We like sour cream and jack cheese. But, you know, it's not a bad idea to mix in some veggie and/or vegan meals every now and then and tacos are a great way to do that. 

I really want to make the Deeply Roasted Chipotle Butternut Squash. Looks amazing and sounds tasty. The salsas and pico de gallo recipes sound on point and the margarita recipes are calling to me.

I really do miss my Austin taco staples - breakfast tacos from Taco Shack, lunch tacos at Maria's Taco Express, dinner tacos at Guero's. I think this book may help this Californian out, but I probably will add some meat and cheese for this non-vegan family.
However, I do have friends who will be getting this for Christmas!

Happy Reading!
_________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)