Monday, April 13, 2015


I finally finished the little girl's new socks!
Her previously knit socks accidentally went in the wash and felted/shrunk. Oops. 
This was my first time trying to come up with my own sock pattern. It was fun, but time consuming.  

I figured out how many stitches I needed to cast on for her little foot and then went searching for a cable pattern that would work for the number of stitches. I settled on the Double Hourglass. I picked a weird number of stitches, (don't know why) so there had to be some messing around with them for the pattern and also with the heel, but not too bad. 
I love the way they turned out.

Happy Knitting!


  1. Love the colour and great pattern! Well done!

  2. They're so pretty! I can't imagine coming up with your own design - very impressive!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)