Thursday, June 5, 2014

Review: Before I Wake by C.L. Taylor

Before I Wake by C.L Taylor

336 pages, Paperback
Sourcebooks Landmark, June 2014

Source: From publisher in exchange for review, NetGalley

Before I Wake was first published in the UK under the name The Accident. The accident is the apparent suicide attempt of Sue Jackson's daughter, Charlotte. Charlotte is in a coma and Sue believes that finding the answers to why she did it will bring her out of it. In her attempts, Sue begins to fear that her abusive ex-boyfriend may have something to do with it. Her family and friends think she is having another breakdown and imagining it all. Is she going mad or has James found her and her family?

I enjoyed the suspense and the flashbacks to Sue's life with James. They moved the story along, and showed where Sue's mind is and why she is so determined to learn about her daughter's accident and events leading up to it. This one gave me the creeps, especially reading at night. Sue's recollections of her past were very hard to read.

Before I Wake becomes available on June 10th. 

For more information on the book and author visit her WEBSITE.

Happy Reading!
_________________________________________

 FTC Disclosure: Clicking on book title and/or image links will lead you to my Amazon Affiliate page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)